Embedded Linux Debugging / Tracing / Profiling
Date: 26. - 27.07.2018 | 2 days, 9.00 - 17.00
Training Fee: 1.190 Euro plus VAT tax
Training Description: PDF
The participants will be given a basic overview of debugging/tracing/profiling facilities with (embedded) GNU/Linux.
Hands-on exercises provide you with the necessary practical experience to go ahead and choose the right tool for your debugging needs.
As a basic, we recommend the training Embedded Linux in Theory and Practice.
This training is also available in German: Embedded Linux Debugging/Tracing/Profiling.
Software architects, software developers, software project manager, system architects
Theoretical and practical knowledge in how to use embedded Linux is assumed.
1. Day: Debugging
- Debugging with easy methods: e.g. errno, shell debugging, lsof, netstat, procfs, sysfs,
debugfs, syslog, ltrace...
- Gdb and friends: e.g. gdb, gdbserver, gdb and threads, core dump, zero pointer,
log segmentation faults, crash ...
- TOP and friends: top, latencytop, powertop, powerdebug, iotop, atop, htop
- Boot-up time optimization: grabserial, bootgraph, bootchart
2. Day: Profiling, tracing und relevant tools
- Profiling and Tracing: e.g. time, gcov, gprof, oprofile, systemtap, perf, ftrace, trace printk, kernelshark...
- Tools for debugging, profiling and tracing - the Yocto-Project: e.g. Eclipse plugin, tcf-agent,
User space Debugging, perf, ftrace...